Fluicell is a Swedish life science company with operations in single-cell biology, drug screening and bioprinting through products and services based on microfluidic technology. Fluicell also conducts development work in regenerative medicine and tissue-based research models with the goal to change the face of medicine from the ground up. The company has commercialized a proprietary product portfolio to process and study individual cells, primarily focused on biological and biomedical research and drug development. We are now looking for an Application Specialist to join our sales team.
About the position
As Application Specialist, you will be an actor in the sales department and working directly with, and under supervision of, our Lead Application Scientist to execute on-site customer training sessions and demonstrations with the 3D printing instrument Biopixlar as well as representing the company at conferences and other events, both nationally and internationally. In addition, an important part of the role is focus on the development of customer specific- and novel applications in the field of 3D bioprinting and tissue engineering. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a laboratory setting and who enjoys using a creative mindset and teamwork spirit to push the boundaries of 3D bioprinting forward. Furthermore, the applicant is expected to share their enthusiasm, knowledge and actively partake in discussions, talks and presentations as a professional representative of the company with the scientific community.
- Analyze customer needs in terms of their biological applications and providing relevant feedback in terms of knowledge and scientific results.
- Perform laboratory work to showcase applications for customers.
- Be a part of building long-term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer application and product needs and issues.
- Support the sales organization with the relevant knowledge of products and applications.
- Provide application and technical support during customer meetings, product, presentations and offer product/application related training.
- Interface with R&D, manufacturing, marketing, and sales to assist in the development of new applications and optimization of sales processes.
- Participate in conferences and customer meetings (both online and on-site). Traveling will therefore be required.
- PhD., or M.Sc. with 5+ years of experience with a proven track of publications, in biotechnology, cell and molecular biology or similar.
- Mammalian cell culture experience.
- 3D cell culture experience (Tissue cultures, Matrigel/ECM gel, scaffolds, organoids/spheroids).
- Immunochemistry, Protein chemistry, Protein/molecule engineering experience.
- Microscopy (Mainly brightfield, fluorescent) and usage of dyes.
- Solid multi-tasking ability.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Communication skills and ability to network.
- Self-driven, resourceful problem solver with collaborative skills.
- Possibility to travel up to 25%.
Other desirable qualifications:
- 3D bioprinting experience.
- Experience of aseptic culturing of primary and immune cells.
- Experience from Co-culturing of cells.
- Swedish and/or an additional language is a plus.
- Driving license.