Senior Scientist, Regenerative Medicine
Fluicell is a Swedish life science company with operations in single-cell biology, drug screening and bioprinting through products and services based on microfluidic technology. Fluicell also conducts development work in regenerative medicine and tissue-based research models with the goal to change the face of medicine from the ground up. We are now accelerating our regenerative medicine development program in the areas cardiac repair and type 1 diabetes and are looking for a Senior Scientist to join our team.
About the position
As Senior Scientist, you will be leading discovery and development efforts in cardiac repair and contribute to R&D activities in type 1 diabetes therapeutic development. In your role, you will use your research experience to work independently or part of a team to lead development of bioprinted therapeutic tissues, provide subject matter expertise, design, conduct experimental research and contribute to scientific publications.
The ideal candidate is an experienced scientist with a background in cardiovascular or diabetes research, knowledgeable in stem cell biology. We are looking for scientific leader with strong communication and collaborative skills who enjoys thinking creatively in a challenging and dynamic research environment.
By joining Fluicell’s R&D team, you will be part of a highly innovative and dynamic research environment at the technological frontline and a diverse and collaborative team of scientists from a broad variety of backgrounds.
- Lead the development of bioprinted tissues focusing on cardiac a tissue repair and assist development of diabetes treatment in vitro and in vivo.
- Provide subject matter expertise to team members and play a key role in designing and conducting experiments, interpreting data and results
- Provide scientific, and regulatory advice in translation to preclinical as well as clinical development
- Contribute to scientific publications and to present findings at scientific conferences
- Be an R&D ambassador for the company and interact with potential business partners and the public.
- Contribute to building a strong, collaborative and innovation driven scientific environment and R&D team.
- PhD or a medical degree (M.D.) with proven expertise and deep knowledge within the cardiovascular and/or diabetes areas, or stem cell research.
- Proven track record of scientific hypothesis-driven research and creative problem-solving.
- Experience from in vitro and in vivo research.
- Ability to quickly immerse yourself in new scientific areas and drive projects forward independently to complete deliverables in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including good presentation and writing skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Other desirable qualifications:
- Knowledge in Swedish.
- Knowledge and experience from clinical studies.
- Expertise in biologics or ATMP.
- Knowledge and experience in product development and project management.
- Experience from tissue engineering, biopolymers or work with extracellular matrix materials.