Biopixlar Switching Head
Now you can do both…
We are very happy to present the Biopixlar Switching Head, a new addon to the Biopixlar platform that combines Biopixlar’s high resolution bioprinting with BioPen’s precision liquid dispensing technology and that gives you even more control over the cell microenvironment.
The Biopixlar Switching Head turns the Biopixlar platform into a biomendical research powerhouse that lets you can build tissues, create cell arrays, and study drug exposure and viral infection in one single experiment.
The Biopixlar Switching Head has been developed within the BIRDIE project.
Microfluidic high-resolution 3D bioprinting with single-cell precision.
- Single-cell resolution. Place cells directly where you want them and create detailed tissues using direct microfluidic cell deposition.
- > 95% cell viability. Microfluidic cell deposition directly in culture media without the need for bioink minimizes mechanical stress and ensures high cell viability.
- Multicellular tissues. The disposable Biopixlar printhead can hold up to three different cell types simultaneously and lets you create mulltcellular tissues directly without changing the printhead. The microfluidic technology is ideal for sensitive and scarce cells and requires very little sample material.
Open volume liquid dispensing for single-cell biology.
- Target Single Cells. The open volume dispensing technology lets you create confined exposure zones in the cells’ native environment. Target only the cell or cells that you want to study without risk for contamination.
- Fast switching. The microfluidic tip lets you quickly switch between different solutions or concentration levels without changing the position, making it easy to set up complex exposure sequences
- Low consumption. The microfluidic technology consumes very little sample material, making it ideal for use with expensive or scarce compounds.
The BIRDIE project has received funding from the
European Union’s Horizon 2020 FET Open programme
under grant agreement No 964452